The A1 shoe offers a fit like no other. It adapts its length and shape to fit your foot through its adjustable heel cup, closing with a minimalist single dial - so let your foot width lead you in deciding your size with our sizing table. The tailored heel position and angle ensure zero heel lift or foot float in the shoe, offering road endurance level comfort. Buyers of the A1 experience a custom-level shoe fit at off-the-shelf value. Choosing the A1 is to choose to ride with a shoe that fits your feet like a velvet soft, firm shrink wrap - enveloping your foot from above, the sides, and behind.
The 5 things you need to know about A1 shoes:
- They're simple: One minimalist dial gives a solid, comfortable, shrink-wrap fit.
- They're Light: 230g glass reinforced poly sole, 190g carbon (road 43).
- They're Aero: the single dial is hidden behind your heel.
- They're hand-made: Hand-guided machine stitching, hand-lasted and glued. Beyond laser cutting the materials for accuracy, all processes are hand guided and executed by our on-staff master shoemakers.
- Off-the-shelf price meets off-the-charts comfort: By tailoring your A1 to each foot's exact foot length and shape, our patented fitting tech ensures a comfortable, performance fit (even for uneven and unusual feet shapes). Because the A1 tightens around the sturdy mid and rear bone structures of your foot, it offers a uniquely gentle, loafer-like forefoot hold. This is thanks to the A1's;
- UK buyers: We STRONGLY recommend choosing express shipping on your orders. Since Jan 1 2023, many packages sent via normal shipping have experienced delays of up to 1 month in delivery due to UK customs.
- All Carbon fibre models are listed at Earlybird discount: First arrivals ETA December 2022. MTB versions are yet to come, ETA Summer 2023.
- Due to supply constraints, A1 shoes are may be delivered with 2 possible high-quality ATOP heel dials; either with a quick-release lever (left), or twist-back release (right). Contact us for more info if necessary.
(Read more about how to create your optimal fit and chose sizing, below.
Download the A1 shoe manual here in English, Castellano and Français)
Insole Combo deal: Our A-series shoes ship with our set-shape, standard ergonomic insoles. We recommend you find your shoe fit first using these. If you're looking for the ultimate Lintaman fit though; contoured from both above and below, we have good news. Shoe buyers receive an automatic 20% discount on Adapt V2 insole upgrades at checkout. So once you have your shoe fit set up, you can set up an optimal underfoot fit, too.
See what GCN had to say.
About the A1 and our upgrade (additional purchase) Adapt insole.
Create your optimal fit.
The Adjust 1’s patented adjustable heel cup and ratcheting dial tightens uniformly across the shoe to offer a 3-dimensional fit;
- The heel cup adjusts the shoe length and the heel grasping angle. You set the heel cup to your desired length and angle and set it in place inside the shoe with velcro-lined lateral arms.
- The cable path can be adapted to pull the two individual top straps either downward to ward the footsole or more rearward toward the heel. This ensures optimum wrap-over for your foot.
- You then tighten the heel dial, which spreads closing tension over the top of your foot and around the back of your heel. This gives a slip-free hold on the strongest bone structures of your foot - allowing for a uniquely loose-fit toebox.
- The large upper foot straps and padded heel ensure that a large surface area applies closing tension, giving a smooth and sturdy hold to your foot.
This A1 shoe closure system's broad adjustability ensures a perfect fit, with thick or thin socks, and any insole. It also reconciles for variations in left and right foot shape and size. This ensures a balanced connection to your bike for both feet.
Heel position: The A1 shoe can be adjusted as much as 30mm in length. This mechanically tailored length ensures an optimal hold on your individual left and right feet (which often vary in length). Left: longer shoe length. Right: Shorter shoe length with extremely short positioning to illustrate the shoe's adaptability range. In reality, needing such a forward position would be unnecessary as a smaller shoe size would be an optimal choice.
Heel angle: The A1 shoe's heel angle can be adjusted forwards or upwards for an optimal fit to your heel position and shape. Beyond just allowing for rotation to suit your heel shape, the adjustable heel cup's lower tab can be cantilevered outside of the shoe for an even stronger grasp if so desired (left),
The cable routing of the A1 shoe can be adapted to offer the exact comfort or fastening result you are looking for. The front and rear top straps can be pulled further rearward or directly downwards to offer you an optimal fit. Either strap can be routed individually to offer a combination of fastening directions, to offer you a fully customized fit.
The rear strap can be pulled downward by looping the cable around the strap cable guide. It can be pulled downward by routing the cable over the guide in a straight line.
The front strap can be pulled more rearward by looping that cable behind the hook of the cable guide on the side o the shoe. It can be pulled downward by looping the cable around the front of that same side guide.
15-day home fitting return policy. You can order a pair of A1 shoes and try them out for comfort in your own home to be confident of your purchase. If you can't find a good fit after reception of the shoes, drop our customer service team a line. The fitting hygiene sock inserted in the shoe may not be removed during this process. Neither studs nor cleats may be installed in this period, nor may the shoes be ridden or worn outdoors. We strongly suggest trying them on a carpeted surface as not to scratch the outsoles. Clean, fresh and unmarked shoes with an entirely intact fitting sock still in them may be shipped back to us for a full product refund or size swapout with zero restocking fee once you have contacted after sales support and we aren't able to find a good setup for you together. Any shoes with cleat marks, soiling, odours, any indications of a removed fitting hygiene sock, or wear and tear from extensive use shall not be subject to this home fitting return policy. Buyer pays return delivered duty paid shipping. Reimbursement is subject to actual reception and QC check of returned goods, at Lintaman's sole discretion. Rejected returns can be sent back at buyers' cost.
What size do I choose?
Keep things simple. These shoes will fit your foot length perfectly. So choose by your width and these simple points:
- If you know your shoe size and shoes generally fit you well, just order your shoe size!
- If your shoes tend to be too wide, order one size smaller.
- If your shoes tend to be too thin, order one size larger.
- If you want to know for sure how your foot length/with sizes in a lintaman, examine the full sizing table amongst the product images.
- If your feet go outside of the bounds of an existing size, a left/right mismatch sizing program.
- Soles: Road Carbon, ultralight and rigid (3 bolt road), Poly/Glass Road rigid with respectable weight numbers (3 bolt road + SPD), Gravel rigid with tread and stud points (SPD), MTB with rigid mid-body and flex toes, grippy tread and stud points.
- Upper: Road & Gravel soft microfibre and mesh. MTB with additional armoured toe area (all versions have impact padded heel).
- Heel: Adaptable position & angle upper heel element.
- Dial: Atop twist-back release, micro-adjustable dial.
- Insole: Standard lintaman Ergonomic insole with arch + meta coutouring (Adjust plus available with shoes at package pricing)
- Colours: Poly/glass road, gravel & MTB: Matte black only. Carbon Road: Matte black or white gloss.
- Weights: (size 43): Road Carbon size ~190g, Road poly/glass ~230g, MTB TBD.
Dating and further details
Note: Photos are of production samples. In-production units will be more "dialled"
- Heavily shaped custom insoles from other brands will require careful hand-cutting at the front to prevent heel bunching when the shoe is set up to exactly your length.
- The cable will neatly enter into the shoe, disappearing into the frontmost cable guide to route internally back to the dial, in production shoes.
- All Production shoes will feature Twist-back micro-adjust dials. These dials are specifically advantageous to this design, preventing any possible heel brushing or clipping from releasing your cable tension like pull-up dials might.
- Expect a few other small visual changes may be visible in the final production units.
- Earlybird orders are subject to a no returns policy. Delivery may be delayed unpredictably, especially considering current global manufacturing conditions.